family

family

Friday, July 9, 2010

We are in Pennsylvania today!
Yesterday we took the scenic motorhome tour of Washington DC!! We drove across the Arlington Memorial Bridge from in front of the Arlington Cemetary in VA to Independence Ave. We took that down the National Mall to the US Capitol building and then drove back down the mall on Constitution Ave and saw the White House. Then we went up Connecticut Ave into Maryland. I didn't get a picture of a Maryland state line since we weren't on the freeway. :( that's very sad. But we went to the Smithsonian National Zoological Park!! It was very humid & hot and I was not very impressed. I came to DC when I was Caitlyn's age and I remeber it being a better zoo. Anyway, after the zoo we stayed on back roads through a quaint neighborhood to the Washington DC temple in Kensington, MD. We took pictures and toured the visitor's center. We stayed the night in a Wal-Mart lot north of Baltimore. We also didn't get a Maryland magnet for our collection. That's VERY sad :-((

No comments:

Post a Comment